POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : will povray work on linux? : Re: will povray work on linux? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:12:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: will povray work on linux?
From: TonyB
Date: 27 Sep 1999 12:01:25
Message: <37ef94d5@news.povray.org>
>  Piracy is stealing, plain and simple. If someone we know gives us a copy
>of software that is for another end-user then we both become thieves.

I consider it testing non-demo software or trying out the full potential of
crippled trialware. I also consider it borrowing. For example, I have a
friend that bought MS Office 97. When I needed to do some spreadsheeting, I
would go over to his house. This became repetetive. What difference does it
make to use the program here at home, when I can go over and use it at his
house? It saves me a couple dozen trips. So, I got a copy of Office from
him.

I don't like to pirate. I feel the guilt of stealing. I plan to purchase
certain softwares but can't afford them right now. I certainly can't afford
to upgrade every year (at least with Microsoft prices). Oh, yeah, another
factor is that my father refuses to buy what I can get free off the 'Net or
from friends. He prefers buying hardware.